Finding the right driving instructor is very important for any learner driver. You are spending money on getting your driver’s license and you want to get your lessons from a very qualified instructor, at the same time, you want to be with someone with whom you feel comfortable with, as you will be spending a considerable amount of time with them. So it is crucial that you take your time in choosing.
You must make sure that your instructor is qualified and meets at least the basic criteria. Some driving instructors work by themselves, offering a more flexible time sheet and have the ability of working on whatever time best suits you. There are other driving instructors who are part of a bigger organization and provide perhaps the better service. Make sure that you directly contact your instructor instead of meeting with the organization and letting them decide.
A good driving instructor should be able to have your full attention. He or she should use up most of your time by teaching in the best possible way. They should not yell or make you feel uncomfortable when things go wrong. Your driving instructor should always be on time and arrive in a clean and stable car. Your instructor should also have a lesson prepared that complies with the rules and regulations.
There are a few things that should also be taken into consideration. For example:
- Cheaper instructors are not always the best, if you have to pay a little extra for a better instructor then do it.
- How long has the instructor been teaching? This is rarely a case to worry about but having someone with more experience is always better.
- However if he or she has been teaching a long time, they may not be as adamant or alert or give enough attention to you.
- Does your instructor have flexible timings? This always helps if you are not able to make it to a class on one day and need a change.
- Does your instructor teach in your local area? Most instructors use this technique as it helps candidates to become fearless when going somewhere they know for example; your school or work.
- If English is not your first language, then you might want someone who speaks your language that you might be comfortable with.
Remember that you can always request for a change of instructors if you are not comfortable with the one you have already.
These are just few of the crucial points you should take into consideration when choosing a driving instructor. Learning properly and under the wing of someone who is trustworthy and well experienced can help you in many ways.